Rebuilding is a process seperate from regular maintenance and repairs.
Once it has been determined that it is desireable to rebuild or restore
a piano, there are many things that will take place:
- The piano will be transported to our facility and completely taken
- The old strings and tuning pins will be removed.
- The pinblock will be taken out of the action and removed from the
- The bridges and the soundboard will be studied for structural integrity.
- If the piano is to be refinished it is at this point that the case
is moved to our refinishing shop to
be prepped for a new finish.
- In the mean time, your action will receive a thorough going over
and all felts and some of the inner workings will be replaced.
- Once the outer finish is dry, then the soundboard will be repaired
and the new pinblock installed.
- Any bridge work or bearing problems will be addressed.
- New strings and pins will be added along with the new dampers.
- The action will then be placed back into the piano and fully regulated.
These are only the highlights of a very detailed process that gives
your piano a second life to be played and enjoyed for many more years.
A rebuilder for your piano should be carefully chosen. Known for the
quality of our rebuilds and the experience of our technicians, our company
has long put the needs of our customers ahead of everything.
We have 43 years of experience and satisfied customers. We guarantee your satisfaction
too. You can trust your piano rebuild to us.
We will be happy to evaluate your piano and address its needs. Feel
free to call or email us.